LBCon Community Art Project with Adelaide Gale Every
Conference attendees worked together to build and complete a community art project. They explored their creative side by interacting with local Missoula artist Adelaide Every who helped guide the project. The finished project was a colorful mandala installation created from recycled goods and water!
Bare Bait Dance
Founded in the fall of 2011, Bare Bait Dance offers fresh, original, professional dance-works in Montana for Montanans. Under the direction of Joy French and Kelly Bouma, Bare Bait Dance company aims to:
- increase the availability of contemporary dance to both the Missoula community as well as rural Montanan communities which are largely under served in the performing arts';
- build an accessibility to dance by producing concerts that speak directly to contemporary western audiences and by fostering more possibilities for dance education both in the public schools and our communities';
- collaborate directly with local artists (filmmakers, musicians, visual artists, directors, actors) to create interdisciplinary dance productions';
- strengthen the Montanan dance community by providing paid performance jobs to highly skilled professional dancers, nurturing their creative work as choreographers, and facilitating opportunities for them to expand as teachers;
- present performers and choreographers from around the region and nation in order to cultivate a richer appreciation for contemporary dance and dance field as a whole.
Local Film "I AM THE BLUES"
I AM THE BLUES takes the audience on a musical journey through the swamps of the Louisiana Bayou, the juke joints of the Mississippi Delta and Moonshine soaked BBQs in the North Mississippi Hill Country. Visiting the last original blues devils, many in their 80s, still living in the American deep south and touring the Chitlin’ Circuit. Let Bobby Rush, Barbara Lynn, Henry Gray, Carol Fran, Little Freddie King, Lazy Lester, Bilbo Walker, Jimmy “Duck” Holmes, RL Boyce, LC Ulmer, Lil’ Buck Sinegal and their friends awaken the blues in all of us.
Click here to find more information about "I AM THE BLUES"
Mountain Mermaid Hooping
Erin Eliz of Mountain Mermaid Hooping is a certified Elemental Hoop Dance Teacher. Since 2012 Erin has also been fortunate enough to attend numerous flow arts festivals and workshops where she was mesmerized by talented instructors from all across the globe. She took away with her not only new tricks and ideas, but also a desire to share this awesome activity and cultivate community in her hometown. This inspired Erin to teach hooping classes to both children and adults.
SpecialFX from MASC
SpecialFX is Fort Lauderdale FL. Born and raised. He has been in the world of dance for 16. Through his base style of popping, he's had the privilege if sharing a spot on the stage with some of the most amazing dancers, musicians and students one could wish for in a lifetime. From Missy Elliott, Telemundo2, The Roof, Zoe's Summer Groove for the Miami Heat, onto a Super Bowl halftime show, VidCon and much more. With all of these great experiences, he is excited for future lessons that he will learn and the adventures he will partake in the world of dance. He is and will forever be a student of dance! Its contagious...
A little about MASC....Moksha Aerial Studio Collective is a professional training agency for the movement arts of aerial, flow, dance, acro, contortion, and cirque. Moksha Studio is the home to the MASC Artisans, a vibrant group of creative performers with a distinct and polished flair to entertain a wide variety of audiences. Our optimistic, collaborative approach tailors each performance, with striking choreography and vibrant costuming, to the desires of the event producer.